Oh man, here come the holidays. The food, the fun, the family, the cheer. The weight gain, the stress, the dysfunction, the drama. I’m not trying to be negative – I’m just seeing the future for what it is and always has been from this personal trainer’s point of view – a time everyone forgets about their health. So what do I propose we do about it? We embark on 30 Days of Fitness.
Starting Saturday, November 1st I’m going to be either blogging or Facebook’ing (is that officially a verb yet?) once a day to highlight ONE thing you can do each day in the name of your health. What for? My goal is to keep you – you who are interested and open to it – as healthy and sane as possible before December hits. Maybe it’s a fitness tip, a workout, or a way to be more mindful of what you’re consuming. Maybe it’s just a reminder to take 5 minutes to appreciate your body for what it does for you. I don’t know yet, I only have about 10 days planned out right now, but I’ve got lots of stuff in this noggin’ and it’ll be good. I think it’s appropriate to start on November 1st for these reasons:
- It’s the day after Halloween. I don’t know about you but my kids have already acquired bags of candy and Halloween isn’t for two more days. I’d love to tell you I have super-human willpower and am not interested in sweets but if they’re in my house someone’s going to eat them and it won’t just be my kids. I’ll be getting rid of most of it on November 1st. And before you might “mean mom” me, please know I do allow my children plenty of sweets. It’s not my fault my 3-year-old loves dark chocolate. Okay, maybe it is my fault a little bit.
- November has 30 days in it, what a crazy coincidence!
- November brings with it my absolute most-favorite holiday of the year. People eat on that day – a lot. We’re going to do some damage control all month.
- I’ve found it nearly pointless to do any kind of fitness challenge in the month of December. People are way too busy. My goal with doing this in November is to hopefully instill some basic good habits in all of us that will stick throughout the holidays, chaos and all.
Here’s how it’s going down:
- Look for either a blog post or Facebook post the night before. So this Saturday’s post will be up on Friday night. This way you won’t be waiting on me all day for something you could have done already. If you don’t already ‘Like’ my Facebook page, you can do so here, or on the left sidebar of this page, so you get each day’s updates.
- Share with others, please! This keeps you accountable and reminds others who might be interested in their health to do the same. Sharing is caring and around here good friends don’t let friends feel like crap.
- Be open. This isn’t some crazy workout challenge. I do those too, but 30 Days of Fitness is meant to encourage you and keep you mindful. So some days it may be little things, other days I may ask more of you. Do what you can and always keep your health in the forefront of your brain every day, because no one else will.
- Comment whenever you have questions, concerns, disagree with my approach or love something. If you want more info on a topic, I am happy to dive in for you. I’m kind of a geek like that.
- Subscribe and win. <—- See that little sign-up box in the left sidebar? That’s a neat tool that, if you enter your email address, will automatically deliver my new blog posts to your inbox for you. All those who subscribe for email updates between TODAY and NOVEMBER 30th will be entered in a drawing to win this REALLY terrific cookbook from Lisa Leake over at the 100 Days of Real Food blog: “100 Days of Real Food: How We Did It, What We Learned, and 100 Easy, Wholesome Recipes Your Family Will Love.” What’s not to love about winning that book at the most appropriate time of year? Check it out here!
2 thoughts on “30 Days of Fitness and Cookbook Giveaway!”
I want a chance at winning the cookbook, but can’t figure out how to enter. :) Lol.
You would love this cookbook Steph! In the left black sidebar on my page, there’s a “Subscribe to Blog Via Email” section. Enter your email address in the field and then click the green “Subscribe” button. You’ll get an email notification asking you to confirm your email, once you do that you’re subscribed and I’ll see it come through – which will automatically enter you to win. :)