About 37 sleeps ago, the very kind Julia over at Grace Makes New nominated me for a Liebster Award and I am just now pulling my head out of the barrel and getting to it here on the blog. This is Julia: What the bleep’s a Liebster Award? you ask. A Liebster Award is a blogging award given to and by fellow bloggers in order to recognize and discover more fantastic blogs out there (and there are a LOT, I know this because it took me over an hour just to narrow it down to 11 of my own nominations).
So here’s how this is going down: I’m going to answer the 11 questions Julia gave me and then I’m going to make up 11 questions of my own (I promise to do this before I pour the wine) and subsequently nominate 11 other bloggers to answer said questions on their blogs. I found my
victims nominees on Bloglovin’, which is a pretty handy blog subscription site where you can save posts from all your favorites. The requirements? They must have 100 or less Bloglovin’ followers. Ready? Let’s do this! My Questions
1. What made you want to start a blog?
Between designing workouts for my clients, raising children and figuring out the wine industry, I kind of felt like things needed to get written down somewhere. Maybe people read it, maybe people don’t. But $#@! needed documented before my head exploded. Okay, okay…the real reason: Writing was my first baby. Fitness, health, wine, entrepreneurship and child-rearing were born two to three decades later. Here’s where all my babies play together.
2. What do you mostly blog about?
All of the above-mentioned things. Some months I’m heavy on the health and fitness posts, others I’m consumed with winery happenings. The parenting theme is always peppered throughout because, quite frankly, little people are always in your business.
3. What are your goals for 2015?
Come out alive. Wear more dresses. Tear out the carpet. And maybe squeeze some camping in there somewhere.
4. Favorite flavor of ice cream?
I’m a frozen yogurt girl. Not for health reasons really, I just prefer the taste. Unless it’s gelato or green tea flavored, then I’ll eat any of it. I recently concocted an Orange Chocolate Chipotle flavor of frozen yogurt using our Chipotle Jalapeno Wine. It came out really well. I’ll bet at your house you don’t have to tell your 3 1/2 year old things like “No sweetie, you can’t have this frozen yogurt because it has wine in it.”
5. What are three things you never leave the house without?
A wine bottle opener, water and my Fitbit.
6. Have you ever traveled outside of the US? If so, where?
I’ve been to Cabo, Puerto Vallarta and Cancun. I don’t know why Mexico ended up on my radar but I can confidently tell you I’m a-ok with not going back and my gastrointestinal system thanks me for that. There are some places I’ve got my eye on: Chile, the country side of Italy, Europe and Australia. The first two are mostly wine-oriented and by far the highest priorities.
7. Do you have a “life quote”, something that perfectly articulates your view on life?
“You have to do what scares you in order to know it can’t hurt you.” Except when it comes to snakes. Just$#@! run.
8. Do you have any siblings, or are you an only child?
I have two older brothers. I’m the youngest and the only girl. Which saved me from a lot of curling iron fights. Sisters are a different level of crazy. My brothers just did normal things like throw me down the stairs, lock me in the clothes dryer and shoot me with BB guns.
9. What is your regular order at Starbucks?
Although I’m not a Starbucks regular, I order a skinny latte at the coffee shop. I usually get asked if I’d like a flavored syrup in it to which I say “Yes, the flavor that tastes like a skinny latte.”
10. What is the best vacation you have ever had?
The best as a kid was Kaui with my family. The best as a 21-year-old was Vegas for my dad’s surprise 50th. The best as a non-married mid-20-something was San Fran and Sonoma/Napa with my present-day winemaker. The best so far as a wife and mom was Westport, WA. Later this year I will certainly have a new best with my entire family: Maui.
11. What is your favorite place to shop?
The grocery store. Seriously, I hate shopping so much. I will basically buy everything at the grocery store or online. Stitch Fix has saved me. Without it I would surely still be walking around in breast milk-stained t-shirts and a crap-ton of stretched out yoga pants.
Now it’s time for my own nominations, so line it up, ladies!
I hereby nominate:
Here’s my list of questions for you all to answer:
1. What is your favorite part about blogging?
2. What is your favorite blog post you’ve written?
3. If you could have any occupation right now, what would it be?
4. What is your favorite kind of workout?
5. What is your favorite recipe, healthy or unhealthy?
6. What, or who, inspires you most?
7. If you could live anywhere in the world, where and why?
8. What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
9. What’s your best piece of advice for your younger self?
10. What book(s) are you reading right now and if you’re not a book reader, which blog/magazine/etc. are you currently loving?
11. If Hollywood made a movie about your life, who would you want to be cast as you?
Thanks for playing!